Vet Rescues This Kitten From A Shelter, Then Nearly Faints When She Sees This Inside His Ear

16730 views22 September 2016
Advertisements
Yikes! Warning: The footage in this video is graphic and may be disturbing for some viewers.

Dr. Karri from Vet Ranch got a litter of kittens from the shelter because they had some eye troubles. As she was examining one of the feral kittens, she noticed a hole on the side of his head. Once she realized what was causing the hole, she knew she had to take care of it right away!

The kitten had a Cuterebra, a parasite living in a hole in his head! The parasite comes from an adult botfly. When the botfly eggs hatch, the larvae attach to the skin and hair of the host. Outdoor cats are more likely to catch this parasite.

Happily, Dr. Karri was able to remove the parasite, and the kitty has fully recovered! All of the kittens rescued were put up for adoption, and many have found forever homes! Share away, people!

You may also like

Saddest Baby Chimp Was About To Give Up On Life, Then A Miracle Happens This Homeless Poodle Just Realized She’s Being Rescued. Her Reaction Is The Sweetest Thing Ever. Dog Whose Owner “Forgot” To Feed Him In Disbelief When Rescuers Give Him Food Coyotes Had This Family's Cat By The Neck, But Their Pit Bull Had Her Back, What A HERO!!

Recommended Video

CLOSE
Owner Is Brought To Tears After Seeing What Her Dog Does After She Leaves The House Every Day